Sunday, September 20, 2009

"If you weren't so white, I'd think you were an Ethiopian child."

Lately, dozens of people have been commenting on my weight. "Ashley, are you eating? Why do you look so skinny? You know, if you don't eat, your body won't have any energy. Do you have an eating disorder? I bet you have to run around in the shower just to get wet." And my personal favorite, "If you weren't so white, I'd think you were an Ethiopian child."

Really people? This is what an Ethiopian child looks like...



And this is what I look like...



I'm pretty sure that Ethiopian kid weighs like 40 lbs. I weight 107 lbs. Kind of a big difference, don't you think?

1 comment:

Amy said...

I actually know how you feel! I get crap from people about my weight all the time. I'm about 108 pounds, and people think I'm anorexic or something. Dang, just because It's nearly impossible for me to gain weight doesn't mean I have a problem. I eat food...In fact, I eat lots of food. Grrrr. Isn't it just so annoying??