Wednesday, September 2, 2009

worst day of my life

A couple of months ago I stood in Tucson International Airport and left my heart with my best friend. I remember that day so perfectly. I cried most of the way to the airport, the entire time I was checking in and getting my ticket, and 20 feet from the security check point.



I was a complete and total mess. I remember Jakob holding on to me so tight, whispering over and over how much he loved me and how we would see each other again. I wanted so badly to be strong for him, but I just couldn't pull myself together. I just wanted to stay there with him forever. The time was flying by too fast, and I knew I needed to go through security still and get to my appropriate terminal, but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't walk away from him.

We both knew I needed to go, but neither one of us wanted to say goodbye. I wanted Jakob to be the one to walk away. I didn't want to do it. We ended up trying to walk away from each other at the same time. I thought it would be easier, but the truth is... it sucked just as much. I remember walking up to the man at the security check point, not wondering if the man thought I was crazy for having a melt down in front of him, but wondering instead if my heart could handle turning around and looking to see if Jakob was still there. I probably shouldn't have, butI did. It made me cry a so much more, but I will forever have that image of Jakob blowing me a kiss and signing "I love you."



That day was the hardest day of my life, but I wouldn't take any of it back. None of the tears, feelings of being alone, or the aching of my heart. These things have all made me stronger.

I know someday Jakob and I will be together again. And I will never have to say goodbye to him. Until that day, I will continue to hold on to our many memories. I will dream of our future and our lives together. And I will be "strong like bull."

He is my best friend and forever will be. I love him with all of my heart, every fiber of my being, and so much more.

3 comments:

AdrianneJayne said...

Girl! You are so sweet! I seriously love tori so much!
Anyway, this post makes me sad. I've almost forgotten all of the tears I shed when Jed left. Looking back, it was so long and so short... all at once. Stay strong and you will be a better person when he comes back!

Kristin said...

This makes me cry...but you're almost there again, and it really does make us stronger. We get to realize that we can live with our hearts so far away and see how much we truly love them. :)

Brandon and Leanna said...

final goodbye stories make my heart ache, and break in two. every. time. i couldn't even drive home after getting back from the mtc, and leaving B there. trying to drive home from his house was a joke. it took me 5 hours. I live 10 minutes from his house. Holy balls. the ONLY good thing about final goodbyes, is that only have to happen once. thank the lord.